After a year’s hiatus, we’re excited to announce that the popular Gardening in the Pikes Peak Region class series is back for Fall 2010! These classes are taught by Colorado Master Gardeners (the El Paso County program will be reopened on Sep 1, 2010…see previous post about the closure).
To register, download the complete detailed schedule and registration instructions.
Here is a quick overview of the schedule:
1. Look Who’s Coming To Dinner – Compost and Worms, Speaker: Becky Elder, Date scheduled: September 7 and 9
2. Buried Treasures – Fall Planting for Spring Beauty, Speaker: Howard Matz, Date scheduled: September 14 and 16
3. A Year in the Vegetable Garden and What We Can Do to Get Ready for Next Year, Speaker: Larry Stebbins, Date scheduled: September 21 and 23
4. Going Native!!! “New” Exotics for a Dry Landscape, Speaker: Lisa Bird, Date scheduled: September 28 and 30
5. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly in Landscape Design, Speaker: Carla Anderson, Date scheduled: October 5 and 7
6. Plant This! Selecting Plants for Colorado, Speaker: Cathie Schroeder, Date scheduled: October 12 and 14
7. Reduce the Grass, Keep more Cash!, Speaker: Pam Hamamoto, Date scheduled: October 19 and 21
8. At-Ten-Dance: A Year-Round Guide to Garden Maintenance, Speaker: Cheryl Conklin, Date scheduled: October 26 and 28